The CDQ team of experienced employment lawyers has been providing advice and assistance to clients from across the southern Sydney region for many years, including a number of small-medium sized businesses in the St George, Sutherland Shire and Canterbury Bankstown areas.
Keeping track of the constantly changing legislation and regulations concerning employment can be difficult and time consuming, especially for business owners and operators who are also responsible for ensuring a business remains profitable! However, having a sound understanding of your obligations to employees, and how to minimise the risk of potential employment disputes, is one of the most critical issues for any business today.
Our St George and Sutherland based employment lawyers can work with you to minimise any potential risk to your business and ensure that you comply with all of the necessary employment regulations.
We have a strong understanding of the many employment issues affecting small- medium sized businesses and can assist you with:
- Drafting employment contracts
- Employee entitlements, rights and conditions
- Providing advice on terminations and redundancies
- Defending unfair dismissal claims
- Bullying and harassment policies and claims
- Managing employee misconduct
- Award/Agreement terms and conditions
- Restraint of Trade disputes
- Drafting a range of staff policies
- Confidentiality agreements and Intellectual Property
- Worker’s compensation issues
- Workplace health and safety issues
- Representation in Courts and Tribunals
- Disputes with independent contractors
Most importantly, our employment lawyers can work with you to resolve any employment issues quickly and effectively, using techniques such as negotiation and mediation. We understand that litigation, particularly in the employment law area, is expensive, time consuming and re-directs valuable resources that can be better used elsewhere in the business. We work closely with you to pre-empt any potential issues, ensure you have the right policies and procedures in place, and advise you of the best, and most cost-effective, way to move forward.
If you require assistance with an employment related issue, speak to one of our experienced employment lawyers today on ph: 02 8556 0130. Our lawyers are readily available and happy to speak with you when you need advice.