Elder Law focuses on legal issues that specifically affect the elderly.
As Australia's population ages, there is an increasing need for experienced Elder Law practitioners who understand the issues affecting our elderly community, as well as the impact of some of the decisions seniors need to make. Making the wrong decision, or listening to poor advice, when moving into a retirement village for example, can have serious ramifications and lead to considerable stress and worry for our elderly. Seeking expert help from a lawyer who has experience in Elder Law can ensure you are aware of any potential issues, and have the right tools and plans in place to minimise risk.
Speaking to an experienced Elder Law practitioner is especially relevant when:
- You are about to retire and need to make plans for the future.
- You are downsizing or moving into a retirement village or aged care facility.
- You are planning ahead in terms of organising your financial affiars, medical care and living arrangements.
- You want to ensure your wishes are considered in the event that you can no longer care for your self or make decisions due to an accident, illness or condition such as dementia.
- You, or someone you care about, has been mistreated or suffered neglect in an aged care facility or other setting.
- Someone has taken advantage of you, or someone you care about, from a financial perspective.
At CDQ, we can work collaboratively with you, your family and your financial adviser to ensure that you have your affairs in order and are protected from the potential risk of financial or physical abuse. Our specific Elder Law services for people in Kogarah, St George, Sutherland Shire and Canterbury-Bankstown include:
- Preparation of Wills, Enduring Guardian and Enduring Power of Attorney documents
- Estate Planning and asset protection
- Superannuation Entitlement Claims
- Estate Administration
- Estate Disputes (including defending or contesting a Will)
- Guardianship Tribunal Matters
- Moving into a retirement village or aged care facility - advice and contract review
- Family law issues including access to grandchildren
For expert help or assistance in any field of Elder Law, speak to someone you can trust. Call CDQ on ph: 02 8556 0130 for Elder Law advice in Kogarah, St George, Sutherland Shire and Canterbury-Bankstown.